What is a Telomere?
Telomeres are the protective caps at the end of each chromosome, in every cell in the body. Telomeres are vital to health and healthy ageing.
Why are longer Telomeres important to our health and to the ageing process?
Each time our cells divide, the Telomeres get shorter and shorter, until the cell can no longer divide and it aged or non-functioning. The loss of cell function affects our tissues, and ultimately the organs in our body. Science shows that longer Telomeres can help slow, and potentially reverse, that loss of cell function, which has a key impact on health and ageing.
What is Telomerase Activation?
Telomerase is a naturally-occurring enzyme in the body that helps protect and lengthen Telomeres. However, with the important exceptions of Adult Stem Cells and Leukocytes (a type of immune cell), both of which express Telomerase at high levels until they start to approach the stage of senescence, Telomerase is active at low levels or inactive in most human cells.
However, several natural compounds, including those in TELOMEGENASE, have been shown to activate Telomerase in human cells.
And scientific studies have shown that “controlled activation of telomerase in normal cells can restore telomere length, improve functional capacity, and increase the proliferative lifespan of cells”
Is Telomerase, and Telomerase Activation, the only factor affecting Telomere length?
No, not at all. While some companies and products focus solely on Telomerase Activation, the prevailing research by some of the world’s leading experts in Telomere Science and Aging, including Nobel laureates, shows conclusively that in addition to cell division in the absence of the Telomere-lengthening enzyme, Telomerase, there are 2 other major causes of Telomere shortening, most importantly:
- Oxidative Stress, which can reduce Telomerase Activity by 50-70%, and double the rate of Telomere shortening.
- Inflammation, which increases the rate of Telomere shortening, and has a major impact on Telomerase Activity.
In addition, key Telomere research shows that inhibiting the inflammatory ‘cytokine’ TNF-alpha, can actually increase Telomerase Activity by 1.25 to 1.78-fold. And that Homocysteine and the ‘stress-hormone’ Cortisol can each reduce Telomerase Activity by up to 50%, and each increases the rate of Telomere shortening. So: given that “longer Telomeres” are the goal, the latest Telomere Science through 2013 shows conclusively that all of the above factors should be addressed, not just Telomerase Activation, to have the greatest positive impact on Telomere length.
What distinguishes TELOMEGENASE from other Telomere supplements on the market?
Grounded in the latest findings and advances in Telomere Science, TELOMEGENASE integrated “complex” of 20 pro-Telomere nutritional ingredients, including multiple natural Telomerase-activators, to target all 3 major causes of Telomere shortening– in one comprehensive Telomere-length product:
- Loss of Telomerase and Telomerase Activity
- Oxidative Stress
Is TELOMEGENASE only for old people?
No, TELOMEGENASE is designed for people 25-90+. Since Telomeres shorten as we age, on average, the older we get, the shorter our Telomeres get, and the more we show and undergo the signs and conditions of ageing. The goal of a Telomere supplement is to intervene in this process and to support healthy ageing, so TELOMEGENASE is recommended for anyone, male and female, aged 25 and over. In youth during our growth period (up to about 18 years of age), the number of newly formed cells in our body outnumbers dying cells. In young adulthood, from about 18 to about 25 years of age, the number of newly formed cells balances the dying cells. In ageing (after 25 years of age) the number of newly formed cells is less than the number of cells that die.
In addition, scientific research also shows us that the Telomere-lengthening enzyme Telomerase ‘preferentially’ seeks out and lengthens the shortest Telomeres first, which means that people of 60, 70, 80, 90+, who on average have the shortest Telomeres, should benefit just as much, if not more, than a person of 40 or 50. So we should consider TELOMEGENASE not only for themselves, but also for their ageing parents, and vice versa.
What results and benefits can I expect from TELOMEGENASE?
Results and benefits will, of course, vary from person to person. Some people experience improved energy, well-being, and even more. Others do not report “feeling” any differently, just as people whose cholesterol improves don’t “feel” better.
The following are some of the results and benefits expected over time from use of TELOMEGENASE, based on the latest research in Telomere Science, including human clinical trials, and the scientific literature of its ingredients:
- Help maintain existing Telomere length and slow the rate of Telomere shortening, to help preserve the functional lifespan of cells
- Help maintain existing levels of Telomerase Activity, especially in Adult Stem Cells & leukocytes, to help preserve Telomere length, replicative capacity, and functionality in these critical cell types
- Activate the enzyme Telomerase, to help lengthen Telomeres and promote an increase in cellular lifespan.
Other Important Health Maintenance Benefits:
- Help maintain & support immune system health
- Help maintain & support cardiovascular health
- Help maintain & support bone health
- Help maintain & support metabolic health and biomarkers
- Help maintain & support the health and appearance of the skin
- Help maintain & support mitochondrial health
- Help maintain & support Adult Stem Cell health
The R&D of TELOMEGENASE?
TELOMGENASE as a complete product which is that a combination of Telomerase Activation plus multiple nutritional ingredients targeting Oxidative Stress plus Inflammation plus other factors which cause Telomere shortening can produce significant benefit to Telomeres and to markers of functional health in humans.
[Source: C. Harley, B. Andrews, et.al., Rejuvenation Research 2010; C. Harley, J. Raffaele, et.al., Rejuvenation Research, 2013]
In addition, the 20 ingredients in TELOMEGENASE have been painstakingly identified, selected, and substantiated based on an unprecedented exploration of all available research in the Telomere field.
TELOMEGENASE is the literal product of 12 years of research and development applying for the latest findings, advances, and pro-Telomere ingredients discovered in the leading-edge, Nobel Prize-winning field of Telomere Science, and includes the input of several of the world’s leading experts in Telomeres and Aging.
Is it safe?
The ingredients in TELOMEGENASE are ingredients that have a long and safe history of use in nutritional supplements.
However, as always, consult your physician if you have any significant medical conditions or any concerns or questions about possible interactions with any medicines or other supplements you are currently taking.
I have heard reports that “Lifestyle” actions can have a significant impact on my Telomere length; is this true?
Yes, that is absolutely true, and these findings are based on very important research by some of the leaders in Telomere Science and Aging.
The Lifestyle research to-date highlights 3 key areas in which one can take even moderate action to positively impact one’s Telomere length, and in some cases, increase Telomerase Activity:
- Stress Management techniques (e.g. meditation, yoga, deep breathing, massage)
Here are 3 examples:
- A study by Nobel Laureate Elizabeth Blackburn & Elissa Epel showed a 43% increase in Telomerase Activity in subjects who engaged in Yogic Meditation, vs. control subjects. [Int J Geriatr Psych., 2011]
- “Short-term running (21 days) up-regulated cardiac telomerase activity to >2-fold of sedentary controls,” [C. Werner, et. al., J Am Coll Cardiol, 2008]
- Vitamins C & E from natural food sources were shown to reduce Telomere shortening by 52-62% vs. control [Q. Xu, C.G. Parks, et al., Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 2009]; those consuming Omega-3 Fatty Acids showed a significant reduction in Telomere shortening vs. control [EH Blackburn, et al., JAMA, 2010]
Why should I take TELOMEGENASE?
Fundamental of Phimilion is to make the substantial health and wellness benefits of Telomere Science available and accessible, including price-accessible, not just to the wealthy, but to the many, many people who can benefit from longer Telomeres.
You can begin offering yourself and your love one TELOMEGENASE and the Nobel Prize-winning, breakthrough science and preventive health and wellness benefits of Longer Telomeres for a Longer Healthspan.